As you may know 8-10 million cats and dogs enter shelters each year. And during National Pet Week, Hartz, a leader in the pet products industry, wants to help raise awareness of the need to adopt shelter animals and encourage new pet parents to do just that. In fact, the first-ever Hartz Pet Trend Report is lending insight into pet parents’ thinking.
The report found that:
· Pet owners favor rescue societies. More than half of pet owners (60 percent) surveyed say they’d prefer to get their next pet from a rescue society. A majority of pet owners agree that pet stores are “out of favor,” with a mere four percent saying that’s where they prefer to go to find their next pet.
· Personality, not pedigree, matters most. Two-thirds of pet owners (65 percent) surveyed say “personality” is the most important characteristic of a pet. And almost all pet owners (98 percent) say they look beyond pedigree or physical appearance.
· A pet’s life is a life worth saving. What is the role of pets in American life? Nearly half of pet owners (47 percent) surveyed say their pet is like a child to them. And two out of five (42 percent) say they would compare their pet to a good friend.
Hartz is sponsoring a giveaway of a product donation of one of the following products:
· DOGS: Home Protection Training Pads, Crunch ‘n Clean Biscuits, DuraPlay Bone
· CATS: Nodor Litter Spray, Crunch ‘n Clean Cat Treats, Midnight Crazies
Put the name of the shelter you are nominating in the comments section of this blog post. It’s as easy as that. One winner will be chosen at random. Let us know which product you would like to send to the shelter and the winner also receives a prize pack. Contest ends May 7 at 11:59 PM. Winner will be notified via email and must provide the shelter’s mailing address and their address within 24 hours of email notification or another winner will be chosen at random.
Connect with Us on Social Media: