Green Pet Statistics
Going green with your pets is so important for the health of our pets and mother earth. Understanding the impact of our actions is the first step in going green. We found some amazing statistics on TreeHugger. com we wanted to share:
Green Pets: By The Numbers
- 39 million: the number of birds killed annually by domestic cats – in Wisconsin (The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)!
- 66 million: the number of pet cats in the United States; approximately 35% are kept exclusively indoors.
- 75 percent: the decreased likelihood that adults will develop allergies, if they grow up with two or more pets as children.
- 60 percent: the percent of pet owners who have a dog; on average owners have almost two dogs (1.7).
- 5,500: the numbers of puppies and kittens that are born every hour in the United States, compared with 415 human babies.
- 28 percent: the percent of pet owning heart patients who survived serious heart attacks, compared with only 6% of patients without pets.
- 25 percent: the percent of purebred dogs who were afflicted with serious genetic problems in 1994 (Time Magazine).
- 3-4 million:the number of homeless cats and dogs that are euthanized annually.
Amazing, isn’t it?
Short URL: http://www.tppc.tv/?p=6196